The Lost and the Found
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher*

Go down

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* Empty PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher*

Post by Akoya Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* DzMDxym

The victim was located in a wooded area near the Cumberland Parkway in Southern Kentucky. Other roads of access are: US Highway 27, KU Highway 80, Interstate 75, and Interstate 65. The campers discovered a human skull, after authorities searched they found almost an entire skeleton, some hair and some clothing.

Her throat had been slashed and she had sustained a broken rib at the time of her death.
Akoya
Akoya

Back to top Go down

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* Empty Re: PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher*

Post by Akoya Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/83?nav

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* CLwMtPr

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP83Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found
July 2, 1995
Location Found
Nancy, Kentucky
Estimated Age Range
24-45 Years

Case Information
Case Numbers

NCMEC Number
--
ME/C Case Number
FA-1995-35

Demographics
Sex
Female
Race / Ethnicity
White / Caucasian

Estimated Age Group
Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)
24-45
Estimated Year of Death
1991-1995
Estimated PMI
Years
Height
5' 1"(61 inches) , Estimated
Weight
Estimated

Circumstances
Type
Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found
July 2, 1995
NamUs Case Created
June 29, 2007
ME/C QA Reviewed
--
Location Found Map
County
Pulaski County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
--
Circumstances of Recovery
Found along dead-end rural road.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains
--
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description
Hair Color
Brown
Head Hair Description
short, straight, medium brown
Body Hair Description
--
Facial Hair Description
--
Left Eye Color
--
Right Eye Color
--
Eye Description
--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing blue jean miniskirt: remnants of reddish-colored stretch top Near the Body
Footwear white sneakers On the Body

Investigating Agencies
CASE OWNER
Pulaski County Sheriff's Department
(606) 678-5145

Agency Case Number
--
No Investigator Entered

Case Contributors
Amy Burrows-Beckham, Medicolegal Death Investigator
Kentucky Medical Examiner's Office
(502) 489-5209
Akoya
Akoya

Back to top Go down

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* Empty Re: PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher*

Post by Akoya Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:04 pm

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/39ufky.html

39UFKY - Unidentified Female

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* 39UFKY  PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* 39UFKY1  PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* 39UFKY2

Reconstruction of the victim.

Date of Discovery: July 2, 1995
Location of Discovery: Nancy, Pulaski County, Kentucky
Estimated Date of Death: 1991-1995
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 24-45 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'1" to 5'3"
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Short, straight, medium brown.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Slender build; There was evidence of synovial joint pathology in her bones, a joint disease which may have caused her to have limited movement and strength in her wrists.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Some evidence of dental care, including fillings.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Remnants of reddish-colored stretch top (spandex); blue jean miniskirt; and white tennis shoes.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in a wooded area near the Cumberland Parkway in Southern Kentucky. Other roads of access are: US Highway 27, KU Highway 80, Interstate 75, and Interstate 65. The campers discovered a human skull, after authorities searched they found almost an entire skeleton, some hair and some clothing.

Her throat had been slashed and she had sustained a broken rib at the time of her death.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Kentucky Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Amy Burrows-Beckham, M.D.
Agency Phone Number: 502-852-5587
Agency E-Mail: Amy.Burrows(at)ky.gov
Agency Case Number: FA-1995-35

Agency Name: Pulaski County Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: Todd Wood
Agency Phone Number: 606-678-5145
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U939270502
NamUs Case Number: 83

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Pulaski County Sheriff (archived)

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2005; Last Updated: 7/10/18
Akoya
Akoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoya Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Nancy, Kentucky

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* Data=pBgNe0uqIi2tHnMLoZgE2XgkuzcHu69TsFS9Npg_JqnzzIC_CE6FfiXjCsfj4xaVuOp7-xeuqtxpOX2xvhS2PhrOb-jG28BnszARBvEktyCGoJbsjFM8KcXerIskVNW6FodTWF9PzwAMVUX8uZxic9E2OSHR2YitY3pcLOZFA7OKzWpZXwBnZrXRGAQR0ks
Akoya
Akoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoya Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:07 pm

http://www.unsolvedappalachia.org/pulaski-county-jane-doe/

Pulaski County Jane Doe

Posted by UNSOLVEDAPPALACHIA on NOVEMBER 11, 2017
NamUS lists her as NamUs UP#83, Case # FA-1995-35. She was found on July 2, 1995, in Nancy, Kentucky on a rural, dead-end road about 5 miles from the Cumberland Parkway. Campers were looking for a site to set up for the night and found a skull; After the police were called and a search was conducted they located a nearly complete human skeleton, some hair, and some remnants of clothing.

The coroner determined that she had possibly died between 1991 and 1995. Her throat had been slashed, and she had some broken ribs at the time of her death. She was between 25 and 45 years old, slender, a few inches over 5 feet tall, with short, medium brown hair. She had synovial joint pathology in her bones, meaning that she had limited movement and strength in her wrists. She was wearing a denim skirt, white sneakers, and a reddish colored spandex top.

So far over 40 people have been excluded in the ongoing attempt to give her back her name.

Please contact the Pulaski County Coroners Office with any tips or information 606-679-1850
Akoya
Akoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoya Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Nancy, Kentucky

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* IWFBUSg

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* DoRa99j
Akoya
Akoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoya Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Cumberland Parkway

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* IetvDF1
Akoya
Akoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoya Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Christie York Witcher missing since July 30, 1993 from Bowling Green, KY.

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* FDQ35nN
Akoya
Akoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpio Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:12 am

https://www.wnky.com/remains-identified-of-woman-missing-from-scottsville-for-more-than-25-years/?fbclid=IwAR2V8A63ovZOO4v-3WQEE6nufkgZK6dhg7np50j1a1-2ZuendIAdyVXwGJ4

Remains identified of woman missing from Scottsville for more than 25 years

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. – Just nine days shy of her 24th birthday, a Scottsville woman walked out of her home in a Scottsville trailer park and vanished July 30, 1993.

Friday, the family of Christie Witcher learned the horrific details of her death.

Witcher’s skeletal remains were found in a shallow grave in Pulaski County in the mid 1990s. Her throat had been cut. Until Friday, no one knew the identity of the remains.

Through the use of modern forensics, authorities determined the remains were of Christie Witcher. Her family has plans to bring her back home to Allen County.

“I just thought that she had left me. I had just came to terms with it,” Allen Witcher said of his mother. Allen was only three years old when his mother disappeared.

“I heard rumors of different things growing up,” Witcher said. “I just discounted them, you know, never thought too much about them. It was just a couple of days ago that it was positive that, you know, it was her remains and she was buried in a shallow grave and someone had killed her. I’m not really sure about too many details. I haven’t really asked. Like I said, I came to terms with her being gone a long time ago.

“This kind of like, I guess, emotionally and mentally has opened up some new wounds and new questions. I haven’t really had too much of a time to, like, think about it or soak it in,” he said as he sat in a Bowling Green recording studio.

Witcher said the news is like something out of television show.

“I don’t know what to think,” he said. “It’s a hard thing to deal with. I know there’s a lot of bad that happens in the world but you know you never think something like that would happen to you. This is like stuff that you see on movies or crime shows. It was never a thought that entered into my mind.

“It raises more questions than anything,” he said.

His mother missing is the only memory of her that he has.

Christie Witcher’s sister Peggy Mandrell said Christie’s disappearance has always nagged at her.

“I remember her just leaving one night,” Mandrell said. “I think the fair was in town. She wanted to go work for the fair and that’s the last time I seen her.”

Mandrell has over the last two and half decades, searched online for any sign of her sister.

“You just wonder if she’s living another life somewhere else and just forgot about this one or if somebody has done something to her. It’s just stuff like that that you wonder about it.”

“We’d search for her, Google her name to see if she was in jail anywhere. They finally put it on NamUs. My aunt filed a missing person’s report,” Mandrell said.

Ten years ago Mandrell provided her DNA to the FBI. Months ago she learned her DNA had some similarities to a Jane Doe listed in the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, NamUS. Law enforcement reached out and asked for DNA samples from two of Christie’s three children.

Friday, the family learned about Christie’s death.

Allen County Sheriff’s Detective William Francis said the investigation has changed from a missing person’s case to a homicide. He is working with Pulaski County law enforcement officials and said the investigation will be difficult due to the passage of time.

“The main issue is lack of evidence,” he said. “The crime scene itself is old. The remains are old.”

Both Mandrell and Allen Witcher want other families of missing people to know that there is hope but it takes patience to get answers.

Christie Witcher’s remains are at the state Medical Examiner’s Office in Louisville and will soon be brought home for a proper memorial. She left behind three young children who are now grown. Had she lived, she would be a grandmother to three boys.

“We’re going to give her the best memorial we can,” Mandrell said.

She deserves better than a shallow grave in a wooded area, she said.
Scorpio
Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpio Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:15 am

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Human-remains-found-in-1995-identified-as-Allen-County-woman-568180801.html

Human remains found in 1995 identified as Allen County woman

PULASKI COUNTY JANE DOE (1995): WF, 24-45, found near Cumberland Parkway - 2 Jul 1995 *Identified as Christie York Witcher* Witcher+web00000000

PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT/WBKO) -- "She just left one day and didn't come back," said Christie Witcher's sister, Peggy Mandrell.

Human remains found in western Pulaski County in 1995 have now been identified. For nearly 3 decades the family has been seeking answers.

On February 21, the sheriff's office was notified the DNA matched Christie York Witcher of Allen County, Kentucky

"Said she was going to work with the carnival that was here in Allen County and nobody has seen her since," said Mandrell.

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office says in July of 1995, two people were hunting off of Piney Grove Road in Nancy, Kentucky when they found the skeletal remains of a woman in a wooded area.

"My sister was always a wanderer, she never would stay in one place at one time. She liked to go. She would go and she would stay gone for a couple weeks but she'd always come back but this time she never came back," said Mandrell.

With no identification information found near the area, the case was placed into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.

Witcher was reported missing to the Allen County Sheriff's Office in 1994. As the years passed, the family remained worried; If they'd ever see their precious Christie again.

"Just wondering because the world's cruel anymore, you just never know," said Mandrell.

Now with new DNA evidence, a sad discovery, but the family is now closer to the answers they've been searching for.

"It is a big relief, don't got to wonder anymore. The wondering part is over, now just concentrate on who did it and hopefully maybe some day we'll find out that but I mean it's been a lot of years so I don't have a lot of faith in that," said Mandrell.

The investigation into Witcher's disappearance and death is still ongoing.
Scorpio
Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down